October 15, 2012

Listen Carefully, Scotland

 Hannan On The EU.

Always a joy to listen to this dude.



Indyfans in Scotland, you really, really need to listen carefully. The Celtic Tiger died. It did not die in a heroic fight for its life, it died of debilitating disease and sickness. The Irish showed us what happens when you swap one yoke for another. The Greeks and the Italians and the Spanish are no longer captain of their own ship. All are heading for the rocks. If you want true independence then you must, absolutely must, resist all calls to join the Stupid Club. It will be the death of this nation.

I've said this a thousand times but I will say it again: a Scotland dependent on the EU is not, by any definition of the word, independent.

Being one step away from Westminster has untold blessings. Being one step closer to Brussels is the stuff my nightmares are made of. Either Scotland can make it on her own, or she can't. It's time to decide. 2014 will race towards us and we need to think this through. Carefully.

If MSP's cannot answer your questions, keep asking them. If they will not answer your questions, keep asking them. If all else fails, take to the streets to demand those answers. I'll come with you.

Just today I was told on twitter "Let's just get out [of the Union], then we can decide on the EU". I replied that I did not see it that way. Far harder to leave the EU than it is to gain entry. I have no desire to live in an "independent" Scotland that wants to be ruled from Brussels. Better the devil you know.

Better outside the tent pissing in.

CR.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A few years ago, when I was a conservative voter, I would have welcomed Scottish independance. That would have virtually guaranteed I'd never have to suffer a labour government again.
Under Cameron, they are no real differences between Lab % Con ( and libdems)so I really don't give a monkey's now.
Paris Claims

Noggin the Nog said...

I thought you'd buggered off?

I don't know, I turn my back for 5 minutes...

PS Please turn this robot shit off.

Anonymous said...

Voter Registration Form
Number 3.
arrived today and will go in the bin.

I will NOT be forced to sign something I do not wish to sign.

For 4 years I have not signed and yet I appear on the Electoral Roll.

I used my voting slip in May and wrote
LIARS across both sides.

Anonymous said...

A Golden age is dawning for Scotland................................................
.
.
.
.
Splat

The EU's goal is to make you so poor you will work for food.
That's the plan.