May 15, 2009

Pointless Crap

That bastard, Dick Puddlecote, has tagged me.

I am now supposed to come up with 8 pointless facts about myself.

This is the work of picoseconds. I whittled down the list you see here from several thousand.

1. Donald Sutherland once spoke to me at Charles de Gaulle airport. He said "Get out of my fucking way".

2. I can count up to four in Druid*.

3. I can grow a full set in 11 days.

4. I have flown in helicopters (as a passenger) over 600 times.

5. I was once in the opening shot on News at Ten (with Reggie Bosanquet).

6. When the Falklands Conflict was declared I was a serving soldier. I volunteered to go knowing that they would not send me. My regiment was The Queens Own Deserters.

7. In Algiers, at the height of the civil war, (mid nineties) I was driven around for several days in Francois Mitterands limousine. (He gifted two armoured Renault Saffranes to them following a state visit). I was mostly terrified. They have still not removed the stains from that lovely leather upholstery.

8. I contracted Legionnaires Disease in the Sahara Desert. Although it almost killed me I thought that it was exactly the right place to catch that particular malady. This is a constant source of pride.

So there.

Nothing even vaguely interesting.

I hope that the fleas of a thousand camels infest Puddlecote's ringpiece for landing me with this shite.

Have a lovely weekend.

Cap'n Ranty.

*Bit of a cheat this. Almost everyone can. One, two, three, four in Druid is eeny, meeny, miny, mo.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Good old Dick (Puddlecote that is) don't you just love the guy? Hehehe.

Dick Puddlecote said...

One, two, three, four in Druid is eeny, meeny, miny, mo.See? Not so pointless. I didn't know that.

One of my 8 was going to be that my other half was in a right foul mood as I wrote it, but she reads my blog. I can say it here though. ;-)

Mark Wadsworth said...

CR, I am intrigued now - a full set of what?

Captain Ranty said...

MW,

It's a naval term meaning moustache and beard.

Unless you can grow a full set within a certain time, permission is denied.

I must be part wolf.....

Ayrdale said...

Nice one Capn. Greetings from the antipodes...he dropped me in it too...

fanny puddlecote said...

Dick, I read your blog and see where you have posted you dickhead.

Get a grip and post under another name if you want to slag the fanny off.

Dick Puddlecote said...

@Fanny: Busted. Touche.