February 03, 2010

Ranty Blows Own Trumpet

I am shocked, stunned, and not a little amazed.

Your 'umble Captain Ranty, latterly of the Queens Own Deserters, has been and gorn and won a badge!

I kid you not, look:

 

Competition was fierce, and I was thrown into the mix with Scotlands finest bloggers. I came sixth, it says here, and I am very pleased.

Considering that I have been at it less than a year, and given the kind of stuff I bang on about, it was a genuine surprise that I featured in any list. Proper bloggers can relax. I am fairly certain that this is the only badge I will ever get to brag about. Well, and the Wikio badge on your left. And possibly seven or eight others that may appear if I can master the art of photoshopping software.

If you voted for me, I send you my heartfelt thanks. If you didn't, may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your ars there's always next time.

Thanks also to the organisers for putting it all together.

CR.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I am shocked, stunned, and not a little amazed."

I'm not.

Keep it up.

JB

Barking Spider said...

Well done, CR, keep up the good work.

Captain Ranty said...

Thanks JB, thanks BS.

Anonymous said...

Well deserved, Captain!

Captain Ranty said...

Thank you ma'am!

Uncle Marvo said...

You came behind Rantinb' Rab.

Well done, Capn.

Where was the Dundee Wifey then?

Captain Ranty said...

Thanks Marv.

Rosie was in a different category.

There are more results to come, but I don't think I was in any of the other lists.

Unless there was a "Deranged" section....

CR.

Witterings from Witney said...

Well done CR and well deserved!

Captain Ranty said...

Thankee kindly sir!

Cold Steel Rain said...

Well done Captain. It was stumbling upon your blog that inspired mine and made me realise I'm not the only one pissed off at things.

Good drills mate - keep it up!

Captain Ranty said...

Thank you CSR!

Anonymous said...

I used to go straight to Guy Fawkes' blog to try and found out what was happening. My first port of call is now normally your blog CR.

Thanks very much and keep it up. You have created and continue to create a great blog! Thank you for being out there.


p.s. I don't go to the biased BBC much, in any form. e.g. Web, TV nor Radio.

However I do read

http://biased-bbc.blogspot.com/

Captain Ranty said...

Thanks Anon.

I wouldn't have appeared on anyone's list if it wasn't for you good folks reading my stuff and commenting on it.

I really am grateful to you lot for visiting!

I'm off to check out your link. I had heard of it but I never bookmarked it. I will do so now.

Cheers,

CR.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations CR

Captain Ranty said...

Thanks Marcellus.

Dick Puddlecote said...

For someone who has always rated your writing elsewhere, it's not a surprise at all. Great result. :-)

Captain Ranty said...

Thank you DP. Praise indeed.

I am looking forward to reading YOUR writing over at The Free Society.

Good luck with that. I know you will be as erudite as ever!

Are they going to let you swear?

CR.

Leg-iron said...

Excellent - finally someone I voted for has won something!

Maybe I've broken the vote curse at last. Better have that election quick before it comes back.

Captain Ranty said...

Thanks Leggy.

So it was you!

I owe you a nip then. I'm a cheapskate though. None o' that fancy single malt you are used to. It's cooking whisky or nowt.

CR.

Harry J said...

I shall join in with the congratulations. Well done Captain.

Captain Ranty said...

Thanks H, very kind of you.

Harry J said...

I hope you spot this. On a vaguely similar theme. Guess who's the hero of the world?

Captain Ranty said...

Fantastic!

Can I get your autograph?!

CR

LazyCookPete said...

Well done skipper!

Keep tellin' it like it is.

Captain Ranty said...

Thanks Drabzz!!