July 06, 2012

Tired Of Funny Money?

Then why not create your own?

Banks whistle money out of thin air, and you can too. If you have a mortgage, you have already magicked many £££'s into circulation. You created money with just your signature that was not previously in the system. Took out a loan? You did it then as well.

Promissory notes are legal, lawful, and they are used every single day.

Don't believe me? Dig out a fiver and look at it closely. What you are holding is a promissory note. That is all it can ever be-a promise to pay-because there is not enough gold in the world to back them up.

In the early days of this blog I mentioned the Bills of Exchange Act 1882. I used it to settle a £5,000 demand from HMRC. Twice. When HMRC wrote to me and said "You must pay what you owe or we'll take you to court" I replied "That's fine. Let's go to court. I've already paid you twice according to the BoE Act 1882. Remember that you had seven days to refuse the form of payment yet you still have my negotiable instruments, many many months later. The debt has been paid". I haven't heard from them since then.

It is a very important Act and I wanted to air this video (Our good friend Nominedeus has blogged on this as well) so that you could see for yourself what this means to us.

There are a series of short videos with the conclusion due to come any day now. Tantalisingly, the last one ends as the banks' solicitor calls the guys.

This stuff is absolutely fascinating.



Do try to watch/listen to them all.

You will not regret it.

CR.

6 comments:

Happy Slave said...

love it , the bit where the solicitor tripped over the dog and ended up with his face covered chicken chow mein was a classic.

nominedeus said...

Interesting bit of work there Cap'n, isn't it !
Thanks for the linky thing pop on back this way now...

Anonymous said...

There doesn't seem to be an end to the promissory note thing Cap'n?

What happened?

Captain Ranty said...

RW,

I think they are still putting the video together.

This all happened since Monday 2nd July so they did well to get the new videos up.

CR.

William said...

Not sure if I've mentioned it before but..
In 2010 sent in a giro slip for £1200 along with a cheque for £1000, by accident not on purpose.
Bank credited the slip amount to the account and then a few days later removed the difference with a bank code of 000000.

When I enquired what the hell was going on they then sent out a letter full of profuse apologies for the error and even though they claimed they had done no wrong as it was I who filled the giro slip in incorrectly they still added £50 of credit to the account as a 'gesture of goodwill'.

Hsve I used this knowledge again?
No although I no longer send in giro slips with a cheque payment for anything. If I purchase something of value and that thing's value is measured in pounds then I pay in pounds.
I tend to avoid nefarious crap like credit these days. There really is no need for it.

Eddie Willers said...

The Bank Manager, methinks, is way out of her depth in trying to deal with this, and will probably be hung out to dry by the head office...