July 11, 2009

One Step Ahead

I have just been reading a fascinating description of Libertarianism over at Leg-Irons blog. (Click on my title to go there).

From his understanding of Libertarianism there is almost no difference between it and the Freeman Movement. We both want the same thing. Fewer rules, (needless, in almost all cases), and more freedom. As he says, it is not a cop-out, it is not anarchy. Indeed, I say as often as I can that becoming a Freeman brings with it a huge responsibility.

The only instant difference is that Libertarians want to go via the political process, and have formed a party that will actively engage the general population in an effort to educate and garner votes. I merely leap-frogged that process and served my Notice of Understanding and Intent and Claim of Right (NOUICOR) on the Home Office.

Not content with waiting for the establishment of a bona fide party to erase the nonsensical statutes from the books in Westminster, I informed them (HMG) that I now live according to my own laws. As you can see from my earlier blog posts, I claimed the right to ignore all statutes. (Along with a couple of controversial claims. But hey, if you don't ask, you don't get, right?)

Ask anyone in the country for their understanding of law and they will immediately tell you that speeding is a crime, or that parking on a double-yellow line is a crime. No, they are not "crimes". They are both statutes. Statutes are given the force of law by the governed. Consent to these statutes, some 3,600 of them have been vomited out of parliament in the last ten years alone, is assumed.

I removed my consent, lawfully.

I also swore an Oath not to harm, injure or cause loss to another human being.

As long as I adhere to my new laws I should never see the inside of a court-room.

During my long and thorough research of this exciting and liberating new concept I read that "...statutes are mere commentary. Busywork for parliamentarians". I find it impossible to disagree with that. The ridiculous truth is that we have millions upon millions of these worthless statutes on the books. Why are they there? We need four basic laws that cover us for everything.

Here they are in one sentence: do not harm, injure, cause loss, or make mischief with contracts. Job done.

Mr Leg-Iron says that he cares not a jot for immigration, only the intent of the immigrants. Me too.

He says that driving at 90mph down an empty motorway at 3am is acceptable. I agree.

He says (I am paraphrasing here) that driving at 90mph through a village, town or city at 3pm is unacceptable. I agree.

But hurt people, or steal from them, or defraud them, and it's prison for you. I also agree with that.

Libertarianism is growing rapidly in popularity. More so now that we have learnt that politicians are, in the main, in it only for themselves. I happen to know this is true as I have striven for four years to see my local MP. He does not think my complaint (about a particular statute) is worthy of a 15 minute chat during one of his surgeries. So he continues to ignore me. Why am I paying this cretin? Why will he not sit down and discuss my objections like an adult? Because it is far, far easier to simply ignore me. It makes no difference to him.

The revelation that they no longer served me, no longer cared enough about me to address my concerns was the trigger for me to issue my NOUICOR.

Reading that last bit back to myself I can see that it looks like a clear case of "sour grapes", and yes, it may have started out that way. But now? Revenge is the last thing on my mind. Having served my Notice on them that Captain Ranty now has his own, very personalised set of laws, I am untouchable. They (naturally) ignored my Notice, but I don't mind. There was nothing in my Notice that they could rebut even though I gave them the opportunity to do so.

I have no words to describe just how free I feel today. Rejecting "their way" for my way was quite incredible. Everything takes on a whole new aspect. Yes, learning the new language to use with the police, the courts, and those that would take my money for no good reason was and is an evolutionary process, but I am almost there.

I am delighted to report that Libertarianism = Freeman Movement. I would not have evolved into the sentient being that I am today without the enforcement of one monumentally stupid act of parliament; the smoking ban.

So they only have themselves to blame for any of my activities since.

"Unintended consequences"? Hell, yes.

I see a huge amount of evidence to suggest that people are changing. The ineptitude of this particular Labour government has altered more minds than they can ever conceive. I believe that they have changed our perception of politics, and more importantly, the way we are governed, forever.

And every day I pray that that spreads faster than their manufactured Swine Flu.

I hope we all catch this virus.

The freedom virus.

1 comment:

Dick Puddlecote said...

I see a huge amount of evidence to suggest that people are changing. The ineptitude of this particular Labour government has altered more minds than they can ever conceive. I believe that they have changed our perception of politics, and more importantly, the way we are governed, forever.

I've noticed it too. And the old guard don't like it one bit. As anything else it will take time, but if the mushroom happens they might wake up to us.